Tuesday, April 12, 2011

update after retrieval

So the results are in... I got a call today around 9:30 today with my retrieval results.  The lady started by telling me I had 16 eggs, but then continues to tell me only 9 where mature enough.  Then she tells me of those 9 only 5 fertalized, but 1 didn't make it.  But she said the 4 that did make it and they look really good.  I really hope that all 4 are high quality and then we can transfer 2 and freeze 2. 
I know 4 is great, and I should be grateful that I have so many.  But i can't help but be a little sad as the same time.  I really wish we had a few more that fertilized (just in case).  Even though I know that it only takes 1 to get prego.  Any way I go back on Thursday for the transfer.  So from Thursday on though the next 10 days or so I will be PUPO, and hopefully I will not be proven otherwise.  It feels like me and my hubby are so ready for a little one in our lives.  This is the perfect time!  Until then I will be wishing, and praying, and hoping, and dreaming.

3 comments:

  1. My results were not quite what I was expecting and I was disappointed too... Good news is, you have some and that's all you need. Here I am, 4 weeks pregnant! None left to freeze, but that feels like nothing when you know you've got a bun in the oven! Your transfer will be a breeze, and it's a amazing feeling! Take care of yourself!

    (Random tip, some people say Pineapple core helps with implantation, the Bromellin in it or something. So starting the day of retrieval I ate 1 piece of pineapple sore a day.) Who knows if that's what worked, but hey I am pregnant lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of luck to you Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our first IVF, we only had 3 retreived and only one made it to a day 3 transfer and even then it was only a 4-cell. This time around was a different story for us, we ended up with 5 wonderful blast and transfered 2 on 5 day. I am so nervous though because I read and peopl are feeling cramps and stuff and I dont really think I did. I hope for both of us, this is it!

    ReplyDelete