Monday, April 11, 2011

After retrieval

I'm home from my retrieval. It went pretty quick. They took me back around 11:45 and I was wheeled out the door by 1:20. When I woke up I was in a lot of pain. They gave me some pain meds and by 2:20 (with help from the heating pad) I'm feeling so much better. They didn't tell me any information, which was kinda disappointing. But they will call tomorrow morning to tell me how many eggs I had and how many are doing well. I think I'm more nervous now waiting to see how many eggs I have and how many have fertilized.
Of course I have that fear that none of them will fertilize, but that's all it is, a fear. I know deep down that I will have so many fertilized eggies.
It's kind of funny the feeling i have about how certain I am that this is the path I am supposed to be on.  I know that our years of waiting was all for a reason and our time is almost here.
Hopefully our transfer will be Wednesday or Thursday.  I can't wait till I can report how many embies we had transferred and how many we will freeze.  I will definatley check in tomorrow when I get the call from the clinic with how many eggs we had and how many took.

No comments:

Post a Comment