Friday, April 8, 2011

my ovaries are growing an army

I knew I didn't have a problem ovulating, my problem is because of my endo and kissing ovaries.  But Today at my checkup I was shown that in an emergency I could possibly supply eggs for an army of women.   I know not all follicles contain an egg but today I had 20 follicles between my two ovaries.  I mean really 20? My doctor figured I would have maybe 10 by the time I get to egg retrieval.   Well I guess I proved him wrong.  I'm still a few days away from the retrieval and I already have so many. 
I can't remember the sizes of each, But I know I have 12 follies in my left, sizing from 8mm to 18mm.   And 8 follies on my right, sizing from 11mm to 22mm.  Crazy that I can still move around with out to much pain.
Now I just wait to here from the doctors office. After they review my labs they will be calling to tell me if they want to see me again tomorrow for monitoring, or if I just go in Monday for my retrieval. 

I can't believe after more than 3 1/2 years of TTC this day is so close.  It's so surreal! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi there. I am a new follower and I wanted to wish you lots of luck with your IVF. I hope its the answer to your prayers.

    ReplyDelete