Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Lost in a time warp called pregnancy

Wow I don't really know where the last few months went.  Between working in retail, doctors appointments, and the holidays the last few months of my pregnancy have whipped by like lightning.  I doubt I still have any follower but that's ok this blog is about more than that.   But if I still do, great thank you for your interest in me and my story. 
Ok where do I start... Ah yes I'm still pregnant (for what feels like over a year) But hopefully not for much longer, My little guy is due this Friday January 11th.  Will he be one of the small few that are actually born on his due date?  I hope so because i don't know how much longer I can wait to meet his cute little face.  But if not my doctor will only let me go to 41 weeks and then he says it's his protocol to induce after that.  I really don't want to be induced so hopefully he comes on his own.  I think since the last time I posted I have had my baby shower which was so nice... we got so many nice things and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.  We also had a friend come out before the shower and take a few semi professional pictures of us.  here are a few pics from the day.

















So the next big this after the shower was that my husbands work was so nice that they wanted to throw us a  shower as well.  They where all so overly generous to us.  They had wonderful food and we got a lot of really nice gifts.
About a month after the shower so around December 13th my doc decided it was best for me and the baby if I stopped working.  I am an assistant manager for walgreens so for me work was getting hard really fast.  I had to be on my feet for most of the day and with the holidays it was just so busy and a lot on me.  So as of today I've been out of work for about a month which has been really nice and helpful.  I've been able to get a lot of things done for the baby that I had been putting off and It's been really nice to be able to rest and put my feet up of i so needed it.  It was also really nice to be off for the holidays... I haven't had a Christmas season off in 11 years. 
I'm sure I left a lot of things out but that pretty much brings me to today... I'm 39.5 days prego and would love for my little guy to show up any time now.  As of my last appointment (last Friday) I'm dilated to 1 cm and as far as I know i haven't had any major contractions or anything too painful.  I'm up about 28LBs for my entire pregnancy.  Here are a few more pictures of me and my baby belly as of this week.
 Me at 39 weeks!                                   My Belly Today not
                                                             fitting into my shirt ; )

Me today at 39.5 days prego







                                             and last but not least this is a picture of the mural I have on the wall in the baby's room.  My step dad painted the tree, my hubby put up the shelf and I hand made leaves from felt and velcroed them to the wall.
hopefully i can post pictures of my sweet little guy in the next few days = )

1 comment:

  1. Eek!! You are all belly. I love it!! Can't wait to hear all about the birth story!

    ReplyDelete