Tuesday, July 17, 2012

14 weeks and baby stuff

Friday marked my being 14 weeks = ) yay.  Each week past the danger zone seems so much better than the last.  I still don't look too prego but I'm starting to feel extra bloated and I can tell lots of my clothes are getting tight.  I even had a spurt of energy the other day and got rid of 2 big bags of clothes i know I'm never going to wear again.  It felt really good to clear some space, even though i have A LOT more clearing of space to do.  Here is a picture of me at 14 weeks... Ignore the non matching pajamas it was late when i decided to take my picture.
I've still been feeling really good... less headaches this week but they still happen from time to time.  I've also been off work for the last week so I've had lots of time to rest.
This has also been a good week for me for deals and freebees... On Friday i went to a friends little one's 2nd birthday and while there another friend brought me a huge tote of maternity clothes.  Even though i wouldn't be able to wear a lot of it for a while its nice to know i have it.  There was probably 4 pairs of dress pants, 2 pairs of jeans, a few dresses and more than 15 shirts and sweaters.  I guess its paying off to be prego last out of everyone i know.  I also couldn't help myself and i bought a pair of dress pants for work that I can wear now, and a pair of shorts.  Even though I'm not showing a lot I just don't feel comfortable using hair ties to hold my pants together, lol.
Another really good deal i got this week was a basic baby monitor.  Its an older sony model, but it's still brand new.  I work at Walgreen's and happened to put the monitor on clearance 75% off so after the discount and my employee disc I only paid $10.  On top of all that I got a few free samples.  Here's all my cool stuff...
Oh I almost forgot my hubby bought me a fetal dopplor, and I have to say i love to lay and listen to baby's heartbeat... I even think sometimes if I lay really still and get the heartbeat really good I'll hear a "swoosh" which i like to think is the baby moving.

Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Awh - love the baby bump! Isn't it crazy to be getting a belly but to have it be HARD?! You look awesome!

    Great deal on a baby monitor! We got a basic model as well - I'm pretty sure a fancy video monitor would have made me neurotic. :)

    ReplyDelete