Sunday, February 26, 2012

I've spent enough time being lazy. And a small scare.

Last year after my failed ivf I signed up for the gym. I started strong, going 3 to 5 times a week, I even think my going to the gym had something to do with my short summer pregnancy ( even though it didn't last long). Well I went all summer I even ran a few 5k's and worked out when I was on vacation. Well after late November I took a break... Bad idea. My break turned into me telling myself "oh it's the holidays, it's ok to take a break" well 1 month quickly turned into 4 months. I did the typical bargaining with myself as to why I didn't need to go. Even though I'm not over weight and for the most part not out of shape, I know deep down working out and eating healthy is good for my future self and maybe even my fertility.
So this week I gave myself an altimatum, go back to the gym this week or quit. And the idea of quoting kinda made me feel like I failed. So last Tuesday I did it, I went back. Ive only been there twice so far and I have to say my whole body achs like crazy, but it is an amazing feeling to know I'm back at it. Just being back a few times makes me know I need to keep doing it. I should never have stopped.
It's not going to be easy but my health will thank me later. I just have to remember how hard it is to come back after a break. And not let myself get lazy again.

And as for my scare... About 5 months ago (after my miscarage) I started getting a strange pain in my left Brest. The pain was only present after I ovulated and would go away when my period started. Each month the pain would get worse and by the 3rd month I felt a lump. I'm really good at telling myself there is nothing wrong with me, so I kept telling myself I as fine. Well last month the pain and the lump got much worse. And to push me over the edge my aunt on my moms side was just diagnosed with breast cancer. So it the words of my husband I got myself to the doctor befor it was to late. I got in to see my gyno right away. Then he sent me for a mammogram and an ultrasound. I am happy to say I am perfectly fine. The lump if a hard piece of tissue that is kinda like a cyst and it fluctuates with my cycle. But it's nothing to worry about. Thank goodness. I'm so relieved that my lump is nothing. I now think its never to soon to get a mammogram. I encourage every lady to do self checks and go for mammograms if you have any family history of breast cancer.

1 comment: